To create a New Smart Item in a SmartApp from Apps Mode:
- User can either hover the mouse over the App Tile, and the + Add button will show in the right corner of the App Tile.
- Alternatively, you can either select the SmartApp, and then click the + Add button in the right corner of your screen.
- User can double click on the SmartApp tile, and click the + Add button in the right corner of the screen.
From App Tile
By Selecting SmartApp, Then Clicking + Button
From App Grid
Doing any of the above options will open the properties page of a new item for that app. In order to save the item, you must first fill out all required Metadata fields. Mandatory fields are marked with a red star icon*. To save the Smart item, click the button shown below:
Depending on how the App has been configured in the App Designer, you could have any of the following save options:
- Save: This will save the item, but leave the properties page open
- Save & Close: This will save the item and close the properties page
- Save & New: This will save the item, close the properties page, and open a new item properties page for you to fill out. This option is useful if will be creating multiple items consecutively in the app.
- Save & Copy: This will save the item, close the properties page, and open another item that has the same data as the item you copied.
- Save as Draft: This will save the item as a draft that is only visible to the person who created it and cannot be consumed anywhere else in the project until it is saved.
In this example, our App has 2 of the above options - Save as Draft and Save & Close.
How To Add a New Item in a SmartApp
How To Sort, Group, & Filter the App Grid
How To Add Columns to the Grid & Create a Custom App Grid View
Last Updated: Apr-18-23