To create a new item in a SmartApp from Apps Mode, you can either hover your mouse over the app tile, and the + button will show in the right corner of the app tile. Alternatively, you can either select the SmartApp, and then click the + button in the right corner of your screen, or double click on the SmartApp tile, and click the + button in the right corner of your screen.
From App Tile
By Selecting SmartApp, Then Clicking + Button
From App Grid
Doing any of the above options will open the properties page of a new item for that app. In order to save the item, you must first fill out all required fields. Required fields are marked with a red *. To save the item, click the button shown below:
Depending on how the app has been configured in the App Designer, you could have any of the following save options:
- Save: This will save the item, but leave the properties page open
- Save & Close: This will save the item and close the properties page
- Save & New: This will save the item, close the properties page, and open a new item properties page for you to fill out. This option is useful if will be creating multiple items consecutively in the app.
- Save & Copy: This will save the item, close the properties page, and open another item that has the same data as the item you copied.
- Save Draft: This will save the item as a draft that is only visible to the person who created it and cannot be consumed anywhere else in the project until it is saved.
For this example, our app has all the above options except for Save Draft.
Last Updated: Nov-25-20