The BIM Extract Wizard will help you extract the Floor and Room data from a BIM File if you have not added your Location Hierarchy in Project Settings > Locations. To get started, click the '+' Add Level button to add a New Level as shown below.
- In the 'Add Level' screen, add a Level Name and select the BIM 'Spatial Type' option.
- With the 'Level Name' and 'Spatial Type' filled out, click the 'SAVE' button to Save the New Level.
- Add a Name in the Level List View as shown below.
- In the BIM Column, click the 'Select BIM' option to select a BIM File to Extract.
- In the 'Select BIM' window, you will see BIM files you have previously uploaded to your Drive. Click to select a BIM file you want to Extract.
- With the file selected, you can toggle the 'Create' location (Storeys and Data)? OFF if necessary. Click 'Done' to Extract the File Data.
NOTE: You also have the option to click the 'View Levels' option and view levels before importing.
Example of the 'View Levels' panel.
- With your BIM Extract started, you will see a toast stating "The location extract process may take a while to complete. We will notify you via email once completed."
- Once you receive your Email, your BIM File has been extracted. Go back to Project Locations and doublecheck your Location Hierarchy and Drawing files for accuracy.
Last Updated: Oct-12-22