SmartGate Settings allows SmartGate configuration at the Project level.
- The SafetyGate Settings screen appears and the configuration will have the below settings options.
- Choose an Attendant
- Pick Smart Gate access Criteria
- Choose a default Language
SmartGate Settings - Choose an Attendant
- Choose the Attendant Guard section which is a User/Role in different ways.
- User/Role from Dropdown
- User/Role from User picker
- User/Role drop down appears when you start typing the User/Role who are associated with the Project.
- The User/Role can be selected from the User Picker Icon.
SmartGate Settings - SmartGate Access Criteria
- Access criteria lets User define different ACCESS checks that can be performed when User is at the Gate. All of the options will be OFF by default.
Access Criteria options
- Valid Badge - Enables Badge scanning for the SmartGate
- Matching RTLS BLE Tag
- If the user is valid AND the site is RTLS enabled, then User will go through 2 factor authentication.
- The BLE tag user would be carrying the tag with him as the same will be mapped to the User in Project team.
- If the Badge Scan and the BLE tag authentication is successful then SmartGate lets you proceed further.
- If 'Matching RTLS BLE Tag is OFF then the BLE tag validation will be skipped.
- Facial Verification - Enables Face scan for the SmartGate
- Temperature Check - SmartGate has the ability to perform a 'Temperature scan' of the user who is at the SmartGate,
- A default temperature will be set at the Project level. When 'Temperature Check' is turned ON, Set the default temperature that acts as a Threshold for the User to deny access.
When the temperature scan is over the threshold set, then the User will be denied access and further steps will be skipped showing the Access denied screen.
Access Denied screen is shown for a few seconds and the user is navigated back to Smart Gate Home screen,
- Red X indicates a failed validation state,
- Green tick would indicate a successful validation,
- Grey tick indicates that the validation has not happened.
- Safety Helmet ON - Check if the User has Safety Helmet ON, If not skip all the steps and show the Access denied screen.
- Safety Vest ON - Check if the User has Safety Vest ON, If not skip all the steps and show the Access denied screen.
- Safety Mask ON - Check if the User has Safety Mask ON, If not skip all the steps and show the Access denied screen.
- Correct Answers - 'Correct Answers' can be configured for 'Worker In' questions, When initial scan is successful, 'Worker In' questions are displayed, If this setting on OFF, do not validate for the correct answers.
- If ANY of the configuration that is turned ON in settings and the validation fails, User is navigated to 'Access Denied screen' and shows a Red X for the ones that did not pass validation, a Green tick for the ones that was successfully validated and Grey for the ones that could not be validated.
When you click the 'Contact Attendant' button it will redirect to a LIVELINK call where the Attendant Guard is configured in 'Safety Settings → SmartGate Settings'.
- LiveLink will happen from the SmartGate device to all the users configured as Attendant Guard.
- If a LiveLink connection fails, the below screen is shown to the User at the SmartGate and after a few seconds the devices will load to default SmartGate screen.
- Once a LiveLink connection is established, The 'Attendant Guards' will get 2 options.
a. Approve Access - will allow the guard attendant to select the User who is approving the access to, this is a list of all the Users from Project Team.
b. Reject Access - will end the LiveLlink and display the below screen. The attendant has to fill the field, ‘Access Denied to' and ‘Reason for Denial'. Once submitted 'Access Denied' screen appears.
- One or more access criteria can be selected for approving access to the User, the access criteria listed here are the ones that has been turned on at the Project Dropdown Menu > Safety Settings > Smart Gate Settings
- Additionally a brief note can be typed in to approve access in the notes field.
- Once you click on DONE from the above screen, User is redirected to the ‘Worker In questions ‘ screen with a toast 'Answer one or more questions to proceed further'.
- If Worker In question is not configured, then the steps will be skipped and show Access Denied or Successfully timed In.
- User clicks 'Next' to proceed.
- Once all questions are answered, click the 'Done' button.
- When Worker is done answering all the questions, VALIDATION happens against the 'Worker In' questions in 'Team Safety Credentials' marked as 'Correct Answer'. If all correct the Worker will Time In successfully.
- If at least one of the question answered in INCORRECT that does not match with the correct answer configured, then shows the 'ACCESS DENIED' screen and after a few seconds SmartGate will show the Home screen where the worker will need to scan the badge again and answer the questions to get access in.
Last Updated: Sep-14-22