Register SmartGate in Project Location allows Users to Add/Register a SmartGate from Project Locations. The gate registered will be available to pick from while Turning ON a SmartGate from Devices.
Add/Register a SmartGate from Project Locations
- From 'Gates & Entrances', Under the 'TYPE' drop down will have SmartGate as an option.
- One or more SmartGate can be added to the Project, A SmartGate can either be marked as Indoor or Outdoor.
Note: Fields that are not relevant for SmartGate like BLE Range, Battery % will not be editable.
Associate a SmartGate
- When 'SmartGate Access' is turned on a device from the 'Safety' menu, Along with selecting Access In/ Access Out, All of the SmartGate registered from Project Location will be displayed as a dropdown.
- Associating a SmartGate is mandatory and Save button is disabled until a SmartGate & Access point is selected.
SmartGate Access In & Out
The SmartGate System automates security functions, authenticating the identity of the worker. The Safety Manager clicks the 'SmartGate Access' and Toggles to turn on SmartGate Access.
SmartGate Access IN - For a Worker to 'Access IN’
- Path - To Turn on SmartGate Access click 'Project Settings' and Turn on SmartGate Access as shown below.
Note: Safety Manager clicks on the 'Smart Gate Access' to Toggle on the Android Device, this option is not needed on IOS.
- A Popup screen appears where Safety Manager can select one of the two following options.
- Access In: This will enable Gate access as Access In Device where worker Scans to enter.
- Access Out: This will enable Gate access as Out Device where worker Scans to Exit.
- Both In/Out: This will be controlled by the same Smart Gate access.
- Safety Manager selects 'Access In' to make the Device an 'Access In' point.
- After 'Access In' is selected, the Camera will be on and workers are required to Scan their Badge at the 'Access In' Device Portal as shown in Image 5.
- After the worker scans the badge, it will check with the project team if the user is Valid.
- If the user is valid, it is going to check if the 'Worker In' Questions are configured.
- If the user is valid AND the construction site is RTLS enabled, then we will have to do a 2 factor. authentication (BLE tag user would be carrying with him will be validated as well that is mapped to the User in Project team and check for if the 'WORKER IN' is configured).
- If the User ID tag is not detected, this pop is as shown below.
- Worker clicks 'OK' to proceed and the below popup appears.
WORKER IN QUESTIONS:
- The Questions will appear only when they are configured for WORKER IN, in order to complete Time In you have to answer one or more questions.
- The Pop up default language is English but it will also allow workers to select a language. The updated language will be reflected in all of the following screens.
- If Worker IN questions are not configured, then User is shown as Successfully Timed IN
- Questions screen pops up and the worker clicks NEXT to proceed.
- Worker will click on DONE once he answers all the questions.
- Finally Worker will view Successfully Timed In screen. This screen will stay for a few seconds and will be back to Camera UI automatically.
SmartGate Access - Access Out - For a Worker to 'Access Out', The Safety Manager must Toggle the 'SmartGate Access'.
- To Turn on SmartGate Access click Project Settings and turn on SmartGate Access as shown in Image 1.
- Safety Manager selects 'Access Out' to make the Device an 'Access Outpoint.
- The Camera will scan the worker’s Badge at the 'Access Out ” and the next set of UI will appear.
- Finally Worker will view the Successfully Timed Out screen. This screen will stay for a few seconds and will be back to Camera UI automatically.
SmartGate Access - Both Access In/Out
To set SmartGate to accept both In & Out entries, We need to select the last option. If the Access In Entry has already been recorded for the Worker then the second scan has to be treated like an Access Out.
- To Turn on SmartGate Access click Project Settings and turn on Smart Gate Access as shown.
- Safety Manager selects 'Access In/Out' to make the Device an 'Access In/Out' point.
Register SmartGate from Project Locations
SmartGate - Deny Access
SmartGate Access In & Out
SmartGate - Live Attendant
SAFETY ™ Home
Team Safety Credentials
Safety Task Analysis Categories
Safety Permit Categories
Safety Incident Categories
Safety Incident Directory
Safety Rules Manager
SOS & Bulletin Notification
Request Safety Permit
Safety Onboarding Flyer
Last Updated: Oct-17-22