The Smart Gate System automates security functions, authenticating the identity of the worker.
Who can turn on Access?
Safety Manager clicks the 'Smart Gate Access' and Toggles to turn on Smart Gate Access.
Smart Gate Access IN - For a Worker to 'Access IN’
Path - To Turn on Smart Gate Access click 'Project Settings' and Turn on Smart Gate Access as shown in Image 1 and Image 2
Note: Safety Manager clicks on the 'Smart Gate Access' to Toggle on the Android Device, this option is not needed on IOS.
2. A Popup screen appears where Safety Manager can select one of the two following options.
a. Access In: This will enable Gate access as Access In Device where worker Scans to enter.
b. Access Out: This will enable Gate access as Out Device where worker Scans to Exit.
c. Both In/Out: This will be controlled by the same Smart Gate access.
3. Safety Manager selects 'Access In' to make the Device an 'Access In' point. Image 4
4. After 'Access In' is selected, the Camera will be on and workers are required to Scan their Badge at the 'Access In' Device Portal as shown in Image 5.
5. After the worker scans the badge, it will check with the project team if the user is Valid.
If the user is valid, it is going to check if the 'Worker In' Questions are configured.
If the user is valid AND the construction site is RTLS enabled, then we will have to do a 2 factor. authentication (BLE tag user would be carrying with him will be validated as well that is mapped to the User in Project team and check for if the 'WORKER IN' is configured).
If the User ID tag is not detected, this pop is shown as in Image 6.
6. Worker clicks 'OK' to proceed and the below popup appears.
WORKER IN QUESTIONS:
The Questions will appear only when they are configured for WORKER IN, in order to complete Time In you have to answer one or more questions.
The Pop up default language is English but it will also allow workers to select a language. The updated language will be reflected in all of the following screens.
If Worker IN questions are not configured, then User is shown as Successfully Timed IN
7. Questions screen pops up and the worker clicks NEXT to proceed.
8. Worker will click on DONE once he answers all the questions.
9. Finally Worker will view Successfully Timed In screen. This screen will stay for a few seconds and will be back to Camera UI automatically.
Smart Gate Access - Access Out - For a Worker to 'Access Out', The Safety Manager must toggle the 'Smart Gate Access'.
To Turn on Smart Gate Access click Project Settings and turn on Smart Gate Access as shown in Image 1.
Safety Manager selects 'Access Out' to make the Device an 'Access Outpoint.
The Camera will scan the worker’s Badge at the 'Access Out ” and the next set of UI will appear.
Finally Worker will view the Successfully Timed Out screen. This screen will stay for a few seconds and will be back to Camera UI automatically.
Smart Gate Access - Both Access In/Out
To set Smart Gate to accept both In & Out entries, We need to select the last option. If the Access In Entry has already been recorded for the Worker then the second scan has to be treated like an Access Out.
To Turn on Smart Gate Access click Project Settings and turn on Smart Gate Access as shown in Image 1 and Image 2.
Safety Manager selects 'Access In/Out' to make the Device an 'Access In/Out' point. Image 2
Summary - Through this feature workers can have automated access in place.
Last Updated: Apr-26-22