Drive Files Upload as Copy or Link allows Users to Upload Drive Files as COPY or LINK in Apps in the form of Attachments, while adding a Smart Item in the App, Users can upload a file from the Drive in Attachments Tab as a Copy or Link.
Upload Drive Files as Copy Or Link
- Go to the Apps Module, open any App which opens a new Item box and click on 'Attachments Tab'.
- Click on the + Add icon to add a New Attachment.
- Select option 'SELECT FROM DRIVE' from the Fab (+) icon.
- Select the File to be uploaded from Drive.
- By default, the 'Insert As' at the bottom will be pointing to 'Drive Link'. User can choose between 2 options:
- Drive Link which Adds the selected drive File(s) as a Link, which would mean the File is always a POINTER to the actual file and is not detached.
- Copy File which Adds the selected drive File(s) as a Copy, which would mean the File is a COPY of the Parent File selected from Drive.
- User can update the Upload Type/Insert As from 'Drive Link to Copy File' and click on 'Done'
The functionality/feature remains the same as on the desktop version.
The functionality/feature remains same as on the desktop version.
- After uploading the file, a small icon next to the checkbox is shown indicating the Insert Type and upon hover shows an inline text as either 'ADDED AS FILE COPY' or 'ADDED AS DRIVE LINK'
- If you add Insert file Link, the icon will appear next to the checkbox and upon hover show text as 'ADDED AS DRIVE LINK ' which will indicate to the User how the file was uploaded from Drive.
How to Search Drive Files - Desktop
How to Search Drive Files - Mobile
How to Open Files in Smartapp Sketch™ - Desktop
How to Open Files in Smartapp Sketch™ - Mobile
How to Make Drive Items Available Offline
System Generated Drive Folders:
Safety Policies Folder in Drive
Certifications Folder in Drive
LiveLink Videos Folder in Drive
Meeting Minutes Folder in Drive
Last Updated: Oct-17-22