allows users to configure one or many 'Stamp Sets'. Each Stamp Set can have Multiple 'Outcome Values'. And also allows Users to Route the Files/Drawings
Each Outcome when added will be assigned with a unique color and can be updated by clicking the color picker.
A Stamp Set can be deleted by clicking on the “Delete Icon”, as well as individual “Outcome values” can be deleted by clicking the “Delete Icon” against its Value.
The Outcome values can be rearranged by dragging and dropping as shown in the below Image. The same sequence will be displayed to the User while initiating a stamp.
The order set in the Outcome Value is what gets displayed on consumption to the End User.
- Routing of files can be done in the Drawings (either at the set level or at the individual drawing level) Drawings 'excluded' from the set will not be considered part of the Route. The new route “Toolbar” button is visible regardless of whether the Blockchain setting was turned on at the Project Level.
- Route Toolbar button will be available for the below Drive Folders:
- Either an entire SET can be picked or Individual Files can be multi selected.
- Select individual drawing files at the file level as shown below.
Creating a Route without Users Required
- When selected, the Add Route Toolbar Button will invoke the 'Route Package' popup.
- At the Users section, we can add one or many Project members including the Person who is Configuring the Route.
NOTE: when highlighted the 'SET REQUIRED' Info button, it shows the following text. "By selecting one or more users will set them as required for route approval".
- Allow Routing in any order- this is a default selection. Selecting this option would mean that when the Route is configured, the users added to the Route can authenticate in any order.
- Each Person has to wait for the other person to Route - this option would imply that when configuring the route package, the order has to be Sequenced by dragging and reordering the User Sequence. Once the sequence is set, the Route has to be completed in the same order that was configured during the Configuration.
- Reason for Route - Users can enter the 'Reason' for the Route which gets displayed during the process of stamping a file.
- The Gripper Icon against the user to sequence, will only be enabled when the second radio option is selected. It is hidden when the first radio option is selected.
- Route Date Expiration - allows users to set the date that is greater than or equal to the current date. Once the Route expiration date is complete, the Route Package for the file will automatically be canceled. The Route will also be closed when all the User's Part of the Route completes the Stamp.
- Route with current markups - this will be ‘OFF’ by default. Turning this ‘ON’ will route not just the file, but also the markups that are also part of the current version.
- Choose the Route Category - displays all the 'Stamp Sets' that have been configured in the FIELD Settings > File/Drawing Route Settings.
- Based on the Route category, configured outcomes will be displayed. By Default, the outcome option is set to None. The Configuration can either be set to "None" or a Preferred Outcome can be selected.
- If the "Set" Preferred Outcome is Pointing to "None", then while Stamping the File, User can still choose an outcome, but the Route Package will not autocomplete until all the users finish the Stamp.
- When a ‘Preferred Outcome’ is selected, the ‘Set the criteria below to end…’ below, gets enabled and by default it is set to 'All'.
- The Number of participants available to select, is the same as the number of Users added. Ex. 4 Users added, the 'Set the criteria below…’ will show with 4 options as shown below.
- 'All' would imply that when All the Users added to this Route Package selects the Preferred Outcome, is when This Route would Complete.
- Example: If 4 Users were part of this Route Package, the Preferred Outcome was set to Reviewed with criteria set to 'All' and when All 4 Users would select the Outcome 'Reviewed' is when the Outcome to this File will be complete. If Different Outcomes are selected, other than the Preferred Outcome, then the selection of each Individual User is honored, but the Route package will not be Auto Completed until the Date of Expiration.
- If the "Set" Preferred Outcome is Pointing to "None", then while Stamping the File, User can still choose an outcome, but the Route Package will not autocomplete until ALL the users finish the Stamp.
- When clicked on ‘Done’ Toast will be displayed stating 'Drawing routed successfully!"
Show Watermark for the Files(s) Routed
1. If a set has been Routed and is still active, then the entire folder will get the Route Watermark. Double tap on the Set to enter the folder to view the files within it.
The same functions are available on a Mobile Device:
2. Here is the screenshot of one or many files which have been routed and are showing the individual Route Watermark.
The same functions are available on a Mobile Device:
Once a drawing is routed successfully, Email notifications will be sent to each User where the Files/Drawings have been routed to.
The File(s) Routed Email contains the following information:
a. Project Icon & Title
b. Notification Title: FILE(S) ROUTED
c. User Head, Name & Company of person who Routed File(s).
d. Text: "<Aimee> has routed one or more file(s) to you for <Approval>. Please complete the review
e. Files Routed List: Shows File Icon & Name.
f. 'Stamp Now' Button - Clicking the 'Stamp Now' Button will open the Files in Sketch, (Tabbed for
Multiple Files), with the 'Stamp File' Sidebar Widget Opened.
1. Users assigned to Stamp a File clicks on the 'Stamp Now' button in the received Email to View and Stamp the Routed Files. Clicking on 'Stamp Now' will load the project and redirect the User to Sketch and also Invoke the Right Panel 'Stamp File' Widget.
NOTE: When there are Multiple Files to Route, when the user clicks 'Stamp Now' all files will open in separate tabs in Sketch. The 'Stamp File' Sidebar widget will be the same for all files.
2. User clicks on 'Stamp Now' from the Email Notification or when the user navigates to the actual file. For example: in the Drawings folder, If the user is part of the Route, double Tap on the File which will invoke sketch and automatically open the 'Stamp File' Right Panel Widget, displaying the active Route with an animating Green Stamp Icon to the right corner.
If the Is NOT Part of the Route, then Until the Route is completed, the Files are locked which would mean that any user that is not part of the Route, trying to open the file, will load the file in Sketch View Only. Once the Route is completed, then the File is available to all the Users.
3. When Sketch is opened by the User who is part of the Route, since the File has an Active Route, the 'Stamp File' widget is automatically invoked and displays the current Route highlighted in Yellow with a Green rotating icon.
4. The previous routes are also shown as Multiple expand/collapse accordions.
5. The Active Route for the selected File(s) will show as highlighted in Yellow, with the following attributes:
a. Text: 'Route for Drawing Approval'
b. Spinning 'Active' Green Icon.
c. Routed By: 'By: User Head, User Name
d. Starts On: <08/05/2021>
e. Ends On: <08/05/2021>
6. User clicks on their Name/Tile to Stamp the selected File.
7. The File Stamp will display all the Users that were added to the Route. If none of the Users have Stamped the file, then below the user name and the company you would see a Text/Watermark as "Not reviewed yet." When you open a file, and Click on 'Stamp', this would mean that You as the User is Stamping that file.
8. The 'Stamp File' popup contains the following information:
a. Title: 'Stamp File'
b. Route Category: Shows Route Category - <Drawing Approval> (View ONLY)
c. Select Outcome: User clicks to select the Outcome for the File.
d. Disclaimer Text
e. Initiate Stamp Button: This becomes active and clickable once the user selects an Outcome.
9. User clicks ‘Select an Outcome’.
10. With an Outcome selected, the user clicks on the 'Initiate Stamp' button to Initiate Stamping the File.
11. When clicked the 'Initiate Stamp' Button and If Blockchain has been enabled for the Project, the user will see the following 'Stamp File Authentication' Blockchain message below.
If Blockchain has not been enabled, users WILL NOT See this pop up.
12. When File stamped, the User tile in the 'Stamp File' Sidebar Widget now shows with the outcome selected displayed in the color that was selected during the Configuration. Additionally, if Blockchain has been enabled, the Blockchain ID for the transaction will show below the Outcome.
13. Once the User Stamps the file, then the Tile in the File Stamp will display the Reason in the Color that was assigned during the Configuration. Below that would display the Blockchain Authentication ID and the Stamp if Blockchain is Enabled. If Blockchain is not enabled in Project Settings then the Blockchain Auth ID will not show up. The date and time shows below Blockchain ID.
14. Once the User completes the Stamp, the Stamp button in the widget will be disabled when the file is opened subsequently.
15. Expanding a Previous Route will display the Users as well as the Route Details, but the Section is disabled as no action can be performed on the previously completed routes. For the Routes that are previously completed, the PRINT icon will be displayed.
Users not part of the Route
1. As described in the previous section, if a file is Routed, then a Watermark against the file is displayed. When trying to open any file that is actively Routed by a User who IS not Part of the Route, is not allowed to make any changes to the File.
2. Double tap on the File that is actively Routed will show the below message: "File is being routed to other team members, While the Route is active, the file will open in view Only".
Screenshots for Tablet and mobile
3. Click on 'Yes' from the Popup and Sketch will load in View Mode only. Only Comment in the Draw Toolbar will be Available for the User.
Screenshots in Tablet and Mobile:
Route with Users in Sequence
In the 'Route Package' Window, When the ‘Each person has to wait for the previous person in the Route’
option has been selected, User has the option to sequence the Users by drag and reorder. Once the sequence is set, the Route has to be completed in the same order that was configured during the Config. In the Stamp File Widget in Sketch, the users in a Package will show in a numbered sequence.
1. Admin clicks down on the drag icon to hold and drag the selected user.
2. Admin clicks, holds and drags to reorder the sequence for the package.
3. In the 'Stamp File' Sidebar Widget in Sketch, the Sequenced users will show as a numbered list.
4. When the first user has stamped the file, a green check will show where the number is shown.
Email Notification - Users Sequenced
When users have been sequenced, the Email Notification will reflect the number against the Users.
Route with all Users as Required
Admins have the option to set users as 'Required' when routing packages.
1. Admin can set users as 'Required' by checking the 'Set Required' boxes to the right of each user.
2. When Users are made 'Required', the File will not have ANY EXPIRATION until the route is manually canceled or when the 'required' users complete the stamp.
3. When few or all users are made 'Required', 'Set Preferred Outcome' and 'Set Criteria’ will be ‘Disabled’. Only 'Route Category' can be chosen when all the required Users complete the Stamp, hence the File route will be completed.
4. In the 'Stamp File' Sidebar Widget, when users are set to Required in Config, those users will show with red 'Required' text on the user tile.
Route with all Users as Required and in sequence
When All Users have been Set to Required and Sequenced, the 'Route Date Expiration' will show as: 'When all required participants completes review'.
1. Admin selects the 'Each Person has to wait for the previous person in the Route' option then Sets All Users to 'Required' and reorders the sequence.
2. In the 'Stamp File' Sidebar Widget in Sketch, Each User Tile shows a numbered circle signifying the Sequence. In addition, 'Required' in Red Text shows in the bottom right corner.
3. Route with Required and Sequence, each Required User must wait until the people in the sequence above them have Stamped the File. If a user clicks on their tile to try to Stamp the file before it's their turn, they will see the following toast message: "This is a sequenced route. You will be notified when it is your turn”.
Admins have the option to Check one or more users as 'Required' when routing packages.
1. In the 'Route Package' window, Admin clicks to Set users as 'Required' by checking the 'Set Required' boxes to the right of each user.
2. Once users selected, the 'Each person has to wait...' option becomes disabled and the 'Route Date Expiration' field changes to show 'When all required participants competes review'.
3. When Few users are made 'Required', 'Sequence' cannot be set and the File will not have any expiration until the route is manually canceled or when the 'required' users complete the stamp.
4. The 'Each person has to wait...' option will only be available when ALL or NO users are made as required. Else as shown in the below example when some of the users are made required, then 'Each person has to wait...' will be disabled when and the 'Route Date Expiration' will show as: 'When all required participants completes review' in this scenario.
5. 'Set Preferred Outcome' and 'Set Criteria’ will be disabled, when 'Route Category' can be chosen. All the REQUIRED Users complete the Stamp is when the File route will be complete.
6. User clicks to select a 'Route Category' for the Route Package.
7 When the 'Route Package' Created, the 'Required' users will show in the 'Stamp File' Sidebar Widget in Sketch with red 'Required' text in the right corner of their tile as shown below.
Stamp with Sketch:
A File can be directly Stamped without being routed. When a User needs to go in and Auto Stamp a File on their own, they can do that by clicking the 'Stamp File' option in the 'Widgets' menu in Sketch with the File opened.
1. User clicks on the 'Stamp File' option in the Widgets menu to open the 'Stamp File' popup.
2. The 'Stamp File' popup contains the following information:
a. Title: Stamp File
b. Select Category: User Selects a Category. The selection filters the Preferred Outcomes
c. Select Outcome: User Selects an Outcome. Filtered by Category Selected.
d. Disclaimer Text
e. Initiate Stamp Button
3. When the File is Not Routed and is being directly stamped by a sketch, Users will need to Choose the 'Category' and then the 'Outcome'.
4. The category is selected and User clicks to select an Outcome.
5. When an Outcome is selected, the 'Initiate Stamp' button becomes active. User clicks 'Initiate Stamp' to Stamp the File.
6. When the File Stamped by the User, the User Tile in the 'Stamp File' Side Column shows with the following information which is different from the Route details shown
a. Stamped for <Outcome>
b. By <User Head> <User Name>
c. Date: <08/05/2021
d. Print Icon - to Print File
Users have the option to Print out a Stamp Report by clicking on the Print icon in the 'Stamp File' Widget. The Print icon is displayed ONLY for file versions that are Route Complete.
1. User clicks on the Print Icon to Print a Stamp Report.
2. The Stamp Route Report shows as follows:
Both Versions and Revisions in the 'Drawings' folder will show the Active and the previous Routes for Drawings folder. Showing the Route details for Ver/Rev will be on all the Drive folders that would support Routing and Stamp.
1. In the Versions UI, Route & MD5 Hash are added as 2 new columns. If a Specific Version of the File had any Route, then the Data is displayed in the Following Format.
<User Head><User First Name><User Last Name>, <User Head>, Starts On: <Reason for the Route>, Ends On:<Date Time The Route Was Created>
2. If the Version does not have any Route, then display 'NA' Against the Row.
3. Versions will have a Sketch as the new toolbar option where Users will be able to select either the current version or any of the Previous versions and open the file in sketch.
If the Latest Version is selected, then Sketch will be Opened in Edit Mode. Rather, If any older version is selected, then Loading the Sketch will open in view mode only. In view mode, users can only comment.
4. When User Selects Active Version which is Pending Route complete, an animating icon is displayed to the Right of the Route Date/Time.
5. When Sketch is opened, since the File has an Active Route, the Blockchain Stamp widget is automatically invoked and displays the current Route highlighted in Yellow.
6. The Previous Routes are also shown as Multiple Expand/Collapse Accordions. Only when the user is on the Active Route, the Stamp Button is enabled. Selecting any of the Previous Routes that were completed will disable the Stamp Icon in the 'Stamp File' Widget.
7. User clicks on the 'Stamp' Button to begin the Stamping process.
View Old Versions in Sketch:
1. Users will be able to select any of the Previous Versions and when clicked on the Sketch Toolbar Button will Load the File in View mode. This is a Generic Change for the Drawings Folder to be able to load previous versions.
2. When an older version of the file is selected, the Stamp file toolbar button will be disabled.
2. When a Previous Version is loaded in Sketch, the file will be in Read Only Mode and in the Draw Menu option, only the Comment Icon will be available.
3. When a user loads a previous version, and if the file had a Route configured for that Version, then the Blockchain Stamp Widget will automatically Load and the Details about that Route and Stamp will be Displayed.
Note: When Older Version is loaded, Other than the Route Details for that Version, the other Route Version details will not be available in the 'Stamp File' Widget. Also, the Stamp button will be Disabled.
Screenshots for Tablet and Mobile:
1. The Revisions will now display the Version Number associated with that specific Revision.
2. Revisions will also have 'Open in Sketch' and 'Cancel Route' as the 2 new toolbar options.
1. A Route can be canceled when a Route that is ACTIVE is selected. The toolbar will stay disabled when any Version that IS NOT Active is selected.
2. To Cancel an Active Route, in Versions, when a Version with an Active Route is selected, clicking on the 'Cancel Route' button will allow the user to Cancel the Active Route.
2. Clicking the Cancel Route button will show the below Confirmation message: "Are you sure you want to cancel the Route?"
3. User clicks Cancel to cancel the Route.
4. When a Route is Canceled, the file will be unlocked in the Drive Folder and is available for ALL the Users to Edit.
1. When a File is actively being Routed, this would also mean that the specific file is now LOCKED from any edits until the Routing is completed or expires. During this process, if the user tries to upload the same file, then the upload process for that specific File will be Restricted and User is shown an Info. Hovering on that will show the following information: "A previous version of this file is being routed for approvals and cannot be updated at this time."
2. When the same file is uploaded, the only way the user can proceed is to delete that drawing and proceed further with any uploads. Once the Route is completed or Expired, then user can upload the same drawing to create a NEW Version.
1.Route Toolbar button will be available for the below Drive Folders:
2. Once the 'Stamp File' Route is configured, Routing of Files can be done using the new toolbar button
3. User sets the Route Package routing information and clicks 'Done' to Route the Package.
See above sections for detailed use cases to configure Route, All the use cases described in the previous section is valid for Route & Stamp regardless of which Drive folder the route is created.
4. Below is an Example of a File which has been routed and is showing the individual Route Watermark.
5. The Route and MDS Hash will show in the Versions Panel.
Last Updated: Sep-16-22