1. Every Single Node in Project Locations (excluding Gateways & GIS layers) will have 2 new columns, ‘Estimated Start & Finish’ available by default.
2. When creating a Project, fill in the 'Project Start Date' and 'Project End Date', the values entered there will be the ‘Default’ values which are the same as in the 'Estimated Start' and 'Estimated Finish' fields in Project Locations.
3. The 'Estimated Start' and 'Estimated Finish' columns default to the start and end date of a project. If the ‘Start & End’ date for a Project is not set, then these columns will be blank.
Rules for 'Estimated Start' and ‘Finish' in Child Nodes
1. By default the first node created in ‘Project Location’ will take the ‘Default’ ‘Start & End’ date of the Project.
2. As the User creates a child node, the ‘Start & End’ date can only be within its immediate ‘Start & End’ range. Users cannot set a date greater than or lesser than the Project 'Start and End Date’ and the child node will always take a range between the Start & End of its immediate parent.
3. For Example: when the first node is created, ‘Estimated Start & Finish’ will default to the Project's 'Start’ and
‘End' Dates. Users cannot pick a date greater than or lesser than the Project's 'Start' & 'End' Dates. When the next node is created, the ‘Estimated Start & Finish’ will be blank but users can only pick the dates between the previous node's date range. Any other node created subsequently will follow the same rule.
4. The Estimated Start & Finish defaults to the Project's 'Start' and 'End' Dates.
5. User cannot set a date greater than or lesser than the Projects Start and End Date, the date picker will
disable the other dates automatically.
6. The Estimated Start Date shown on the Calendar control automatically disables the dates previous to the Start date of the Project.
7. For the Estimated End date, User is allowed to only pick the End date before the Project's End date set,
other dates after are disabled.
1. The child nodes will always take a range between the Start & End of its immediate parent, When the child node is created, the Estimated Start & Finish will be blank but User can only pick the dates between the previous node's date range. Any other node created subsequently will follow the same rule.
2. In the 'Floor' Child node, the 'Estimated Start Date' cannot be set to a date earlier than the parent building 'Estimated Start Date'. In this example, the Parent 'Building' 'Estimated Start Date' is <01/15/2021>, hence the dates before <01/15/2021> are disabled.
3. In the 'Floor' Child Node, the 'Estimated End Date' cannot be set to a date greater than the Parent building 'Estimated End Date'. In this example, the Parent 'Building' Estimated End Date is <12/15/2021>,
hence the dates after <12/15/2021> are disabled.
'Estimated Start' and ‘Finish' in 'Room' Child Nodes
For the Room's node example, the Estimated Start & Finish can only be set within the date range of its
immediate parent which is Floors. The below image shows User picking a ‘Start Date’ between the range set as its immediate parent.
Updating the Date Range
1.When the Estimated Start or End Dates are updated, there are two possibilities:
a. When User updates the Start or End Date of a node and if the date of the child nodes is WITHIN the
range of the new date, then the new dates on the node that User was on are updated.
b. When User updates the Start or End Date of a node and if the date of the child nodes is OUTSIDE the
range of the NEW date, then a pop-up is shown 'Nodes that are outside the new date range entered will be
automatically updated. Are you sure you want to continue?'. Clicking on Yes will update the current
node and the subsequent nodes that were outside the range.
2. If the Start Date of the First Node 'Building' was set to 01/15/2021 and the Start Date of the 'Floor' was set to 02/25/2021 and the start date of the 'Room' was set to 04/12/2021. Now when the User updates the start date of the first node 'Building' from 01/15/2021 to 03/16/2021, the Start date of the Floor (02/25/2021) is now outside the range and will be automatically updated to 03/16/2021, BUT the Start Date of the 'Room' will not be updated as it's still within the range.
Other Rules On Updating Start & End Date
2) If User updates the ‘Date’ from ‘Project Central’, no need to update the date into Project info or Project Central.
3) If ‘Dates' not entered while creating a Project; just add the ‘Project Location’ ‘Estimated Start’ for Project creation and the ‘Estimated Finish’.
Last Updated: Aug-16-22