The ‘Apps Mode’ shows the Users all the Apps available under one Section in a particular Project. Users will have access to different Apps depending on the Industry and plan type you select while creating the Project.
- As an ‘Admin’, User will have access to all the Apps in a Project. Other Roles in a Project may only be assigned access to certain apps.
- The Apps that User has access to are outlined in Grey and are clickable and the apps with no access are disabled and, yet visible.
- Users can also disable an App, you will see a toast message stating "The Role you have been assigned to in this Project does not have access to this App".
How To Add a New Item in a Smartapp
- To create a new item in a Smartapp from Apps Mode, user can hover mouse over the app tile and the + button will show in the right corner of the ‘App Tile’ or can select the Smartapp and then click the + button in the right corner of the screen or double click on the Smartapp Tile, and click the + Add button in the right bottom corner of the screen.
From App Tile
By Selecting Smartapp click + button
From App Grid
- By performing any of the above options a new page will open the properties page of a new item for that app. In order to save the item, user must first fill out all required fields. Required fields are marked with a red *. To save the item, click the save button as shown below.
- Depending on the app configuration in the App Designer, the window shows any of the following save options:
- Save: This will save the item, but leave the properties page open.
- Save & Close: This will save the item and close the properties page.
- Save & New: This will save the item, close the properties page, and open a new item. properties page for you to fill out. This option is useful if you will be creating multiple items consecutively in the app.
- Save & Copy: This will save the item, close the properties page, and open another item that has the same data as the item you copied.
- Save Draft: This will save the item as a draft that is only visible to the person who created it and cannot be consumed anywhere else in the project until it is saved.
How To Sort, Group, & Filter the App Grid
- To sort the items in ascending or descending order in the App Grid, click on the column header. An arrow will show to indicate how the item is being sorted. If the arrow is pointing up, the items are being sorted in ascending order, if the arrow is pointing down, the items are being sorted in descending order.
- To Group the app grid, right click on the column header you want to group by, and click the Group by this field option in the menu that shows.The grid will be grouped by the value in that field in all the items showing in the grid. To expand a group, click the + expand icon shown below.
- To Remove the grouping, right click in the column header bar, and click the Group By Box option. A row will appear showing the columns you have as grouped. Right click on the grouped fields you want to ungroup, and click the Ungroup This Field option. The grid will no longer show as grouped.
- To close the Group By Box, right click and select the Group By Box option again.
- To Filter items in the grid, right click and select the Filter Bar option.
- Filter icons will display for each column.
- Type in the area next to the filter icon and click the filter icon to choose the method of filtering. Click the Apply All Filters option to implement the filter.
- To remove filters, select the Clear All Filters option.
- To remove the filter fields in the columns, right click the column header area again and select the Filter Bar option.
How To Add Columns to the Grid & Create a Custom App Grid View
- Double click on a SmartApp in Apps Mode, the App Grid will open with all the Smart items added. User can add columns by clicking the field selector button to show more information about the data in the Smart items in the grid as shown below.
- Add and remove grid columns by selecting or deselecting fields in the different collections in the app. Click on the Apply Changes menu option to save your selections.
- The fields selected will be show as columns in the App Grid.
- To create a new Grid View with the fields that are added, click the Save button in the toolbar and then click the Save As option.
- The Save View As window will open, and you must give your Grid View a name, and you can also set the following additional options for your Grid View:
- Filter by User Having Workflow: This will only show Smart items that you have workflow to perform
- View Type: This will allow you to make your view Public or Private
- Always Get Latest Data: If you check this option, your grid will always get the latest data without having to refresh.
- Click the Submit button to finish creating the Grid View.
- The new Grid View is shown in the Search drop-down.
How To Create App Groups
- Users have the ability to create both Private and Public app groups. App Groups allow user to focus on a subset of apps. This is very useful user has access to many SmartApps in a project, but only tend to use some of them.
- To create a new App Group, click the Manage App Groups button shown below.
- The Manage App Group window will open. To add a new App Group, click the Add Group button shown below.
- The Add App Group window will open. Enter App Group name, a description (optional), and choose if the App Group is to be Public or Private. Public App Groups can be seen and used by everyone in the project. Private App Groups can only be seen by the specific user who created the view.
- Click the SAVE button to save your App Group.
- The new App Group will show in the list. To add SmartApps to the App Group, select the App Group in the list, select one or more SmartApps to add to it, and click the SAVE button.
- The new App Group will appear in the Search Bar drop-down under Public if the App Group is a Public App Group, or under Private if the App Group is a Private App Group. Select the App Group created to see only the SmartApps added to the group.
How To Perform Workflow
- The green gear icon on an item represents the workflow activity to be performed, click the green gear to start the workflow.
- If there are two or more items with the same workflow activity to perform, select the task in the grid, and perform a bulk workflow action by clicking the green gear in the toolbar as shown below.
- Perform the workflow of the selected item by clicking the green gear button in the bottom right corner, or in the toolbar as shown below.
- Depending on the type of workflow activity user has received, click the correct workflow option to send the item to the next step in its workflow. In the below example, the user has a Scheduled Task workflow activity to perform.
How to Add Fields to Your SmartApp
How To Import an App From Another Project
How To Install Apps From The Marketplace
Last Updated: Dec-01-22