This feature enhances the creation of milestones automatically when a rollup task is created on a Plan board. This is based on the configuration. The new option in the 'Add Tag' interface when turned ON while creating a Rollup Tag will automatically create a Milestone for the specified end date of the rollup tag. This will reduce the manual intervention in the milestone tag creation (when the end dates of the rollup tag is same as that of the milestone tag being created).
Create Rollup Tag:
- User creating a rollup tag by selecting the checkbox option 'Rollup Task', an additional option 'Add Dynamic Milestone' switch which is by default turned to YES is displayed.
- Post entering all details to the tag (Including the Start and the End Dates) Click on the 'Add' button to create a new tag.
- Once the tag is successfully added a milestone is created in the background with the same name as the Rollup Tag. The mile stone date will be the 'end date' of the rollup tag.
- Dynamically created Milestones are not displayed on Boards as a tag. It is only displayed on the ribbon at the top of all boards.
- If the Rollup tag is edited and saved, a milestone should not be created again, any changes should be updated to the milestone, in terms of date, name etc.
- If a Rollup Tag is deleted, the milestone also to be removed from the board.
Dynamic Milestone displayed on a Dispatch Board:
Dynamic Milestone displayed on a Schedule Tab:
Scenario When one of the tags created on a dispatch board with this tagged as Rollup task turns the milestone to RED:
- When User creates a tag with end date of the tag beyond the end date of the selected dynamic rollup tag and the dynamic milestone turns from Blue to Red.
- User creates a tag on any of the dispatch boards. The end date of the tag being created is beyond the end date of the rollup tag that it is associated.
- Once the Tag is dispatched, the Dynamic Milestone icon turns from BLUE to RED.
Example of a Dynamic Milestone (Created from Rollup) whose associated tags are all In-Progress or Completed and are not Overdue.
Note: The Hover shows the 'Verified On' at the bottom left hand corner of the Hover Card.
Boards & Schedules Overview
Dispatch View Overview
Daily Reports Overview
Weather Forecasts on Boards Overview
Planner on Devices
Planner Overview - Tablet
Planner - My Work Queue - Tablet
Planner - Boards & Schedules - Tablet
Planner - Calendar View - Tablet
Planner - Daily Reports - Tablet
Board How To?
How to Create a Board
How to Edit a Board
How to Delete a Board
How to Group Boards
How to Filter Boards
What is Plan View
What are Different Boards Types
Board Tags How To?
How to Create a Tag
How to Create a Priority Tag
How to Create a Milestone
How to Dispatch a Tag
How to Auto Dispatch Tags
How to Group Tags
How to Filter Tags
How to Filter Tags by Date
How to Add a Comment to a Tag
How to Add Constraint/Issue to a Tag
How to Link Tags
How to Set a Tag as Complete
How to set a Tag as Verified
How to Copy a Tag
How to Delete a Tag
How to Create Rollup Tags
How to Create Milestones Dynamically from Rollups
How to Assign Rollups to a Tag
How to Set a Default GPS Location on Tag
How to Add a New Location to Sub Levels in Location Manager
How to Add/Modify Custom Location on Tag
What is the Tag Shelf
Last Updated: Jan-02-23