This features allows you to add the Tools & Equipment created for the project and to reserve them for the task being created. It also enables to reserve an operator for the tool / equipment being added.
Tools & Equipment Tab
- Navigate to Planner and clicks on 'Create Tag' to open the 'Add Tag' page the 'Tools & Equipment' has the following columns as shown below.
- Click on the '+ toolbar button to add a new tool to the task being created, the 'Add Tools & Equipment' window will popup. Selects the type , whether the item being added is an equipment or a tool, Select the category and the sub-category based on the item selection. Based on the category / subcategory selection, the Catalog field suggests a list of catalogs. Select a catalog from the suggested set.
- Click on the 'Date Range' field to pick the 'Start' and 'End' Dates for the tools. Based on the date set, you are displayed with a set of tools available for the date range.
- Pick a tool. Click on 'Add' button on the 'Add tool & Equipment' page and the tool gets added to the grid and all relevant data in the columns are shown as displayed below .
Note: If the tool requires a operator, then the system intelligently picks an operator and displays his name below the tool. On adding the tool to the tag and saving the tag, a notification is sent to the operator that he has been assigned a task to operate the equipment / tool for the defined date/time for this task.
Add Tools - Tool selection in Availability calendar for reservation
- Tool is selected in the 'Availability Calendar' page and then reserved for a particular date/time. Select a category, subcategory, a suggested catalog, Start and End Dates and also Start and End Time for the equipment to be reserved.
- Click on the calendar icon to the right of the 'Tool Name' field to see the Availability calendar page with all the suggested tools in the left pane.
- Picks one of the tool and the 'Reservation Details' popup is displayed with pre-filled details - Start and Dates.
- Click on 'Save' and the tool is added to the grid of the 'Tools and Equipment' tab and click on the 'Add' button in the tag and save along with the tools details for the tag.
Add Tools - Reservation for a specific selected tool in Availability calendar
- Once you pick a tool and then click on the calendar icon the calendar shows the availability of the tool selected before. Select a category, subcategory, a suggested catalog, Start and End Dates and also Start and End Time for the equipment to be reserved.
- Pick a specific tool of choice required for the task from the suggested tools in the 'Tool Name' field. Click on the calendar icon to the right of the 'Tool Name' field to see the Availability calendar' page with ONLY the selected tool and also, the tool auto selected in the left pane.
- The Reservation Details' page opens on top of the 'Availability calendar' page with the 'Start/End Dates', 'Start/ End Times', 'Reserved For' and 'Location' make changes (If any) and clicks the 'Save' button
- The Reservation details are saved and the tool is added to the 'Tools & Equipment' tab. Click add on the tag and the tag is saved with all the details.
- When a tag is dispatched, additional verifications are made with respect to the tools/Equipment added to the tag and a warning message is shown to the user where you can see the missing values or can opt to do it later by clicking on the respective buttons.
- Select a tool that has Equipment added and click on the Dispatch icon on the tag's toolbar as shown below.
- The system validates all the added equipment/tools for their dates and operators and if it finds anything incorrect, then it prompts the actor " To start dispatch, please verify if one or more tools , equipment need to be reserved. Would you like to reserve them now?" Yes / No.
Note: This message to be shown ONLY if equipment/tool is added to the tag.
- Click on Yes to open the Tag in edit mode and navigate the user to the 'Equipment/Tools' tab.
Note: The tab will have a red warning indicator that few of the tools have not be reserved correctly. Also, the tool that has not been reserved correctly(Incorrect or no dates, and no operator for an equipment) will be highlighted in red as shown .
- Clicks on 'Yes' link in the 'Reservation Required' column for a tool which has not been reserved, and you are displayed the 'Availability calendar' and the Reservation Details' popup for setting up the reservation.
- Add the date, time and other required information and saves the tool.
- You can repeats the process for the unreserved tools, save the tag and re-dispatches the tag.
Unlock and Move Tag
- When a dispatched tag is unlocked and moved , a message is displayed to you with a text "equipment/tool will be unreserved" and on redispatch, you are prompted to reserve the equipment/tool.
- When you click on the 'unlock' icon of a dispatched tag you will be shown a toast message "Unlocking & Moving the tag will un-reserve all the tools and operators"
- When the tag is moved to a new date on the board as shown below you need to again dispatches the tag by clicking on the 'dispatch' icon.
Note: All the equipment/tools that were part of the tag, are un-reserved are still are part of the task, but they have to be re-reserved with new Start and End Date/Times and The operators assigned (If any) will also be unassigned and a notification has to be sent to them that the task has been cancelled.
- All the validations for the reservation of tools / equipment and its operators takes place in the background and you are shown a message "To start dispatch, please verify if one or more tools , equipment need to be reserved. Would you like to reserve them now?" Yes / No". Clicking Yes will allow you to again reserve the tools one by one and clicking No will dispatch the tag with tools, but with no reservation dates for the tools.
- Clicking on Yes in the warning popup, the Tag is opened in the Edit status with 'Tools & Equipment' tab highlighted and all the un-reserved equipment/tools highlighted as shown below.
- Clicking on 'Yes' link in the 'Reservation Required' column for a tool which has not been reserved, will display the 'Availability calendar' and the Reservation Details' popup for setting up the reservation.
- Add the dates and times and other required information and saves the tool, repeat the process for all the unreserved tools and then saves the tag, re-dispatches the tag.
Tool & Analytics across projects
- With the Equipment / Tools Details Status across projects you can further filter or group the tools/equipment by Project and view data.
- Click on the new tab icon in the top right hand corner as shown shown below you are displayed various analytics / data or tools and Equipment with regards to their status, availability, rented v/s owned and other data. Upon scrolling, you are displayed the inventory of all tools/equipment across all projects.
- The grid has an additional column 'Project' which displays, to which project the equipment is currently assigned to. On hovering on a tool name, the hover card for the tool is displayed .You can do basic operations on the tool like, Reserving the tool, Inspecting the tool.
Note: Add a new tool/equipment from here.
- Tools & Equipment can be filtered and grouped in one or more ways using the standard filter functionality.
- Click on the 'Filter icon in the Search control, filter the tools/equipment in the following ways:
- None (Default)
- Status - displays the different status the tools can be in.
- Ownership - Displays 2 options Owned or Rented
- Category - Displays 2 options, whether it is a tool or an equipment.
- Manufacturer - displays unique names of all the manufacturers
- Model - Displays unique names of all the models of equipment and tools
- Projects - Displays all the project names the logged in user has access to. On selecting projects, the tools from the selected projects are filtered and displayed.
- Apps - Displays Apps.
- Tools & Equipment can be grouped in one of the ways using the standard Group functionality.
- Click on the 'Group' icon in the Search control and group the tools/equipment in the following ways:
- None (Default)
- Type- Displays 2otpions, whether it is a tool or an equipment.
- Projects - On selecting projects, all the tools will be grouped under the respective project names.
- Ownership - Displays 2 options Owned or Rented.
- Manufacturer - Displays all the tools grouped under unique manufacturers.
- Models - All the equipment/tools will be grouped under unique model names.
Equipment / Tools can be reserved from Dispatch View by selecting them and reserving them from their calendar.
Select Equipment from Filter
- You can select the equipment/tool, view its calendar and reserve a tool/equipment using the Filter options provided in the Dispatch View left pane.
- When you navigate to the Dispatch View, it shows the users and the selected users calendar. Click on the Filter control in the left pane as shown below.
- Select an Equipment category and subcategory. All the instances for the selected model will be displayed in the left pane.
- Pick an equipment that you want to reserve. The calendar for the selected equipment will load in the main pane. Drag the selects and the 'Start' and 'End' time duration for the reservation.
- A popup to choose the 'Preferred way of reserving the equipment/tool' is shown to you. Click on 'Reserve', button and the 'Reservation Details' popup with Start and End Times prefilled (as selected in the calendar) will open. The 'Reserved For' will be auto-filled with logged-in user's name, any other user can be picked from the list by clicking on the field.
Note: You can either choose to Click 'Reserve' button, select Location details and other details and reserve. This will reserve the equipment in the default app defined by the system.(Tasks App) / choose to select an App and click on 'Next' wherein the Properties Page of the selected App is opened and the user enters the Reservation details for equipment and Saves.
- Click on the 'Save' button and then on the 'Reserve' button. The reservation is automatically done in the background in the standard App. (Task App).
Reserve using a specific App
- By default, when you navigate to the Dispatch View, it shows the users and the selected users calendar. Click on the Filter control in the left pane as shown below.
- Select a Equipment category and subcategory from the 'Equipment and Tools' filter. All the instances for the selected model will be displayed in the left pane.
- Pick an equipment you want to reserve. The calendar for the selected equipment will load in the main pane (With all the previous reservations for the equipment). Drag the selects the 'Start' and 'End' time duration for the reservation. A popup to choose the 'Preferred way of reserving the equipment/tool'
Note: You can either choose to Click 'Reserve' button, select Location details and other details and reserve. This will reserve the equipment in the default app defined by the system. / choose to select an App and click on 'Next' wherein the Properties Page of the selected App is opened and the user enters the Reservation details for equipment and Saves.
- Select a specific App and clicks on 'Next', button. The Item Properties page for the selected App is opened along with the selected Start and End Date/Times in the Equipment / Tool metadata configured for the App.
- Enter the other details and clicks on the 'Save' button to reserve the equipment/tool in the selected app. The Item would get created with the reservation details saved for it.
Single Day selection:
Last Updated: Sep-13-22