You now have the option to set up a Route as part of the file-uploading process!
It's simple! Here's what you need to do:
- In DRIVE, select the folder you wish to upload the file to.
- Click the green + button in the bottom right corner to upload a single file, or multiple files.
- Click NEXT
Here, you can choose 1 of 2 options:
- UPLOAD, or
- UPLOAD & ROUTE FOR APPROVALS
Click UPLOAD & ROUTE FOR APPROVALS to bring up the Route Package window, where you will enter the routing information for the file.
First choose the Route category by selecting the dropdown menu. This will display all the 'Stamp Sets' that have been created in the FIELD Settings, in the “File/Drawing Route Settings” section. Based on the Route category, the outcomes set for that specific category will be shown. By default, the outcome option is set to “None.” You can either leave this on "None" or select a Preferred Outcome. If the Set Preferred Outcome" is Pointing to "None,” then while Stamping the File, you can still choose an outcome, but the Route Package will not autocomplete until all the workers finish the Stamp.
- Next, select who you are routing to, by clicking the checkbox next to the workers’ names.
This file will only be visible to the workers that are a part of the route.
- Now decide whether or not you want to allow Routing in any order. This is selected by default, and selecting this option would mean that when the Route is configured, the workers added to the Route can approve in any order. If you select “Each Person has to wait for the other person to Route” - this means that when setting up the route package, the order has to be sequenced by dragging and rearranging the workers in the preferred order. Once the order is set, the Route has to be completed in the same order that was configured during creation.
- Enter the reason for the Route. This will be displayed during the process of stamping a file.
- Now set the Route due date and expiration date, as well as the preferred route outcome. Once the Route expiration date is complete, the Route Package for the file will automatically be canceled.
- You can also set up route notifications that will send emails to each worker who the Files/Drawings have been routed to. Select the time frame during the route in which you want to send out notifications. You can set multiple notification reminders.
How to Save a Route Category as a Template
How to Print an In-progress Route
How to Use Enhanced Route Notifications
How to Create a New Drawings Set
How to Upload Drawings - Desktop
How to Upload Drawings - Mobile
How to Access Your Latest Drawings - Desktop
How to Access Your Latest Drawings - Mobile
How to View/Edit Drawing Info - Desktop
How to View/Edit Drawing Info - Mobile
How to Add a New Drawing Version - Desktop
How to Add a New Drawing Version - Mobile
How to Revision a Drawing - Desktop
How to Revision a Drawing - Mobile
How to View the Drawing Log Report - Desktop
Last Updated: Feb-19-23