A dynamic dates feature refers to a feature that automatically calculates the start and finish dates of a project based on various factors, such as task dependencies, resource availability, and project constraints. This feature can help project managers easily visualize and manage project timelines and ensure that projects are completed on time.
The "heat mapping" aspect of the feature refers to a visual representation of project data that highlights areas of potential risk or opportunity. For example, a heat map might show which tasks are behind schedule or which resources are over-allocated, allowing project managers to make data-driven decisions and take corrective actions as needed.
Overall, a "dynamic dates - auto calculate start & finish - heat mapping" feature could be useful for project managers looking to streamline their project planning and management processes, and to gain insights into project performance. so it's important to carefully review and understand the specific features before using them to manage your projects.
Dynamic Dates for Heat Map
This feature allows a new configuration to the heat map, to read the Start and End Dates either from the Locations manager 'Estimated Start' & Estimated End' or if the Dynamic Heat Map setting is ON, then look for the Tags from Plan Board & Dispatch Board associated to the corresponding location and set the Earned Value dynamically in the heat map which in turn implies do not just look at the Estimated Start Date' or 'Estimated End Date' from location manager.
Set Dynamic Dates for Heatmap
1. Actor clicks on the 'Locations' link to open the 'Project Location' page
2. During the creation of the Location Hierarchy, For every location being added, the user can add its 'Estimated Start Date' and 'Estimated End Date' from the calendar picker. The Earned Value for the heat map will then display the data based on the date range set in 'Estimated Start' & Estimated End' with all the tags that fall in this date range (Existing Implementation).
3. Due to various reasons the work tags created may be beyond this date range of the 'Estimated Start Date' and estimated End Dates selected here. Hence a new configuration has been provided to read the Start Date and End Dates from the Board dynamically to render the Earned
Value in the Heat Map.
4. To do that, the user clicks on the 'Gear' icon in the toolbar and clicks on the 'Set Dynamic Dates for Heatmap' link to open the popup with the same name.
5. Actor then turns on the slider button to 'Yes'. By doing so, then look for the Tags from Plan Board & Dispatch Board associated with the corresponding location and set the Earned Value dynamically in the heat map.
6. Setting 'Dynamic Dates for Heat Map = YES', the setting will honor and disable all of the 'Estimated Start Date' and 'Estimated' End Date' columns across 'ALL' the location nodes, which will be locked In our Example, All of the Estimated Start and Estimated End columns across Buildings Floors and Rooms Areas will be locked and
7. If a user tries to click on the 'Estimated Start Date' or 'Estimated End Date' columns he will be shown a tooltip that "This field has been locked as the dates are set to populate from PLANNER dynamically. To unlock, set Dynamic Dates for Heatmap' to OFF"
Note: When turned ON, the 'Estimated Start Date' or 'Estimated End Date' columns of all the levels in the hierarchy will be disabled and a lock icon is displayed next to the column name.
8. As mentioned earlier, the 'Set Dynamic Dates for Heatmap' setting is set once and the setting will honor and disable all of the 'Estimated Start Date' and 'Estimated' End Date' columns across 'ALL' the location nodes. Based on this setting the Earned Value for the heat map will now look for the Planner & Dispatch Tags associated with the corresponding locations and set the data dynamically in the heat map and no more just look for the Estimated Start Date' or 'Estimated End Date' from the location manager.
Last Updated: Apr-19-23